HISTORY – Wheelers Van Rentals of Hawaii is the Hawaii franchisee for Wheelers Accessible Van Rentals, Inc. based out of Phoenix, Arizona. Originally started as a wheelchair shuttle service in 2003, we have expanded statewide to encompass wheelchair accessible vans available on all major islands. We partner with various medical equipment providers throughout the state for all your scooter, wheelchair, and medical equipment rentals.
- Hawaiian Isle Medical – Oahu: 808-597-8087
- U-Go Mobility – Oahu: 855-456-4846
- Gammie Home Care: Maui: 808-877-4032
- Gammie Home Care: Kauai: 808-623-2333
- Aloha Medical Supply: Kona: 808-323-3313
- Bannix Medical Supply: Waimea: 808-885-1925
- Speedi Shuttle All Islands: 877-242-5777 (Wheelchair accessible Shuttle Service)
MEET THE BUSINESS OWNER – Jennifer Wong started working as a Certified Nurse’s Aide doing elderly care for care homes and agencies when she noticed a lack of wheelchair accessible van rentals for the mobility impaired. With the growing influx of elderly and mobility impaired travelers becoming apparent, she and her husband purchased the Wheelers franchise for the State of Hawaii back in 2003. Today, they have a fleet of approximately 13 vans located throughout the islands with local agents residing on each island to personally serve their customers; Kauai, Maui, Oahu, and the Big Island of Hawaii (Kona). Wheelers’ fleet consists of manual side loading wheelchair modified minivans by Braun and Vantage Mobility. Hand controls are not offered.
Wheelers of Hawaii looks forward to serving you soon.